Friday, April 2, 2010

And Hall says...


"I think we have been finding the right balance of rest and hard work. I was nailing my tempos before NYC and I can say without a doubt that my best day was in practice and not in the race. Some of that is luck of draw and some of it took some tweaking. We haven’t gone to the well like I did in my last buildup. For me, my focus has been more on having fun on every run, despite the splits."

"I was a mess in that race [Phoenix Half]. It was one of those things that was supposed to just be a hard tempo on my own and then Simon showed up. It was actually a blessing in disguise though, because it made me address some tightnesses and bad spots in my legs that had been there for years. I got some great therapy and have learned to take care of my legs better so today my legs are cleaner (less adhesions) than ever before. I didn’t feel the need to race because I only like to race when I am firing on all cylinders."

More at RunnersWorld
 
ShareThis