Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's up with... Fee Docherty

This was my first race of the season after a couple of setbacks with the festive season and a cold, but needed to get in the mix of things and what better race to do this was NYC Half. Usually with the first race back I am a bit rusty, but I was excited to be there in NYC running with a high caliber field and getting the opportunity to run through Time Square, wearing next to nothing – good to see summer is coming.

Coming off the flu, my plan was to run the race solid and see how long I would last. I got to 8miles and then the wheels began to fall off. I was lying in 10th at this stage then every man and his dog seemed to pass me as I headed through Time Square. I finished 17th in a time of 1:16.33, I know I am capable of doing quicker, however under the circumstances I was happy to get a race under my belt.

Since then and the reality check, I have been kicked into race shape in preparation for the London marathon in 3 weeks. I feel the final stages of my training for London have been going well and will race Cherry Blossom 10miler this weekend.
 
ShareThis