Sunday, April 11, 2010

Blog Roll - James Carney

17 hours til Rotterdam marathon begins. Im nervous and excited at the same time. I just left the technical meeting and the race organizers are meticulous to say the least. The meeting started with video footage of highlights of winners from years past!!! (I should have brought my camera to record the meeting) Everything points towards a world record attempt tomorrow morning with a 62:05 half way split scheduled for the leading group. I will be sitting "back" and hoping to hold on for dear life in group #2 scheduled for a 65:30 at half way. The race organizers are covering every possible detail in hopes of a world record for the leading mean. If one of the pace makers or leaders drop a bottle a motor bike will pull up and drop off a bottle in the hands of the athlete. The weather looks spot on with temps in the high 40s or low 50s and little wind slated for race time. The course is pancake flat and was designed to help the athletes run as fast as possible.

I have had little internet access to update the blog over here in holland but wanted to write a quick note updating the happenings here. I will try to get some photos taken and post them up here soon.

I will update as soon as I can!

JC
 
ShareThis