Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog Roll - Steve Osaduik

After a busy summer of relaxing and home renovations the fall is getting closer and marathon training is looming. This week is week one of marathon specific training for me and our training group and with a number of people in the group training for the same marathon this time around(Sacramento) it should make for a more team like training environment for this marathon.

I am going to be taking it slow and easy for the next two weeks as I ease into the training but with two workouts under my belt already this week I am feeling good and confident that my fitness will be back to where it needs to be sooner than later and that I will be able to hang in with the harder workouts that are probably coming soon and the mileage that accompanies any good marathon training program.
Next workout is Friday at the Lakes. Then next two days are easy runs and I am looking forward to today’s run where I have been exploring the urban trails that run through Walnut Grove, where I live, and the prospect of running up and over the Golden ears bridge and back for the first time since it was built about a year ago. The bridge is about 2 miles from my place and I have not run to it yet because to get to it you need to run along a busy road. Running on the urban trails from my place I found a way to get close enough to the bridge that I only have to cross over the busy road at one traffic light so that wont be so bad.

So that is what I am looking forward to today. I guess right now it is the small things that will keep the training interesting and exciting at this point while I rack up the days and weeks I need to be ready for Sacramento on December 5th.

**P.S.** I ended up heading straight out after writing this to run the bridge. The entire run ended up being an 11 mile run in total and it wasn’t a bad route so I think I will add this run regularly into the training routine.
 
ShareThis