Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blog Roll - Reid Coolsaet

It seems strange how we used to wait for letters to arrive

I was the official starter for a high school XC meet by my house last week. I was also officially late for the first race and officially waiting on the wrong starting line for the third race. It’s actually pretty pathetic that I was late seeing as my house is less than 1km from the start line.

Back in my early highschool days we had to wait for the newspapers to print the results to find out how other regional meets went. Now kids are able to watch their races on sites such as Flotrack and Runnerspace later that day. Runnerspace was covering the meet last week and asked me a couple of questions. I didn’t answer the first question too well… I think I was worried about missing the start of another race and I was holding the starter’s pistol this time.

Runnerspace Video

I thought the lurkers in the background (1:03) were going to provide some entertainment.
 
ShareThis