Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blog Roll: Chris Chavez

By Chris Chavez for Bay Area Track Club

In October of this year I competed in the Chicago marathon. Chicago is one of the most competitive marathons in the world and I chose it as my first because of the deep field, incredible history, and fast course. I went to Chicago with the goal of running a 2:15 marathon and finishing in the top 20 in one of the world’s premier running races. I did not meet my goals in Chicago, and as I prepare to ramp up my training for a Spring marathon I believe it is important to properly reflect on what happened the first time out and what I learned in my first bout with the 26.2 mile distance. As always, many of the best lessons from distance running span much further than the roads.

READ ON HERE
 
ShareThis