Sunday, December 19, 2010

More Coolsaet

“Okay let’s get going, I’ll buy you something to eat and drive you home,” said Chad Robertson, CEO of Zanagen Applied Cellular Science, recently to top Canadian long-distance runner Reid Coolsaet at the Runner’s Life Multisport Store in Peterborough, Ontario.

Robertson is one of Coolsaet’s sponsors, and he was on hand to speak about money and exposure–two things that are the enemy of most marathon runners. Amateur athletes around the world struggle to make a living doing what they love to do, and for Coolsaet it’s been a tough road. After graduating from the University of Guelph in 2003, he found himself working 25 hours a week at a bank while still training, believing all the while that eventually he would get his chance to turn his passion into a career.

“Every year I was improving,” said Coolsaet. “I knew if I continued on that path of working hard, and believing in myself, it could happen. You never really know what’s going to happen until it does, but my goals were always aggressive, and that’s what I wanted to do.”
READ ON AT COMPETITOR RUNNING

Mzungo exclusive interview: "I can do more pull ups than most girls" here.
 
ShareThis