Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Roll - Bryan Keane

Hi my name is Bryan and I’m addicted to running. It’s been 117days since my last run. Since I stopped running my life has been pretty hard. I’ve had some problems and issues – both mental and physical, but I am working through these with the help of some professional people. That is why I am here at this meeting today. To try and get better and admit that I have a problem. I am addicted to running. I sometimes go into running shops and feel shoes, I try on as many pairs as I can until they throw me out. I sleep in my running gear and all my bed sheets are ripped at the end because I wear my 12mm cross-country spikes to bed. I go to the park and track and watch athletes run free. I wish I was them, even the slow and not so good ones. I sometimes go into the dressing room afterwards and pick up people’s sweaty tops and smell them, but I got caught once and the guy thought I was trying to rob his top, I don’t go back to that gym anymore because I got barred. I wear a head band and race number everyday. The kids make fun of me on the bus because of it. I was fired from work because of my inappropriate attire and behavior. I used to throw cups of water over myself at the the water cooler in work, pretending I was in a race. At first people thought it was funny and cheered me on, but then they stopped. I used to get a lot of water on Heather’s desk and it ruined some of her work. (I warned them her desk was too close to the water cooler). Sometimes I go to the running track and just lie on the ground for a couple of hours pretending I am in a race. When I’m in my car driving I pretend I’m running. People get frustrated and say I drive to slowly but I drive 4min miles all the time back to back which is awesome run speed. I keep a room in my house with smelly shoes and old socks that nobody knows about, I spend most nights in there on the floor surrounded by dirty old shoes that have run thousands of miles but that are now left idle to run no more. No more pounding of city streets on cold and rainy nights. No more dirt from winter muddy paths cutting through the park.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis