Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog Roll - Jason Pyles

Why does it always rain on me?

Just a quick update here: I arrived back in Vancouver early last week. Although it’s been a little bit wet out here the temperature is much much better than in Ontario. We got on the track on Tuesday night. Most people there were complaining because it was only 3-5C, a bit windy, and there was some frost on the track. Despite not feeling the greatest in the workout I was delighted with the conditions. As I was yesterday for a tempo run in Stanley Park and again this morning for a long run up at Pacific Spirit Park. My workouts indicate I’ve got a lot of work to do to get into good shape. But I think if I remain patient it will come back together pretty quickly over the next month or so.
We’ve nailed down a tentative schedule for the next few months, including:
First Half, Half-marathon, February 13th in Vancouver, BC
Bazan Bay 5k, March 6th in Sidney, BC
NYC Half-Marathon, March 20th in NYC, NY.
I am really looking forward to getting back to NYC. I raced there in 2007 and 2008 when the event was held during the summer. The NYRR changed the date of the race last year to the spring. Now it’s well positioned as a tune-up race for people running both the London and Boston marathons.
 
ShareThis