Monday, January 31, 2011

Blog Roll - Marco Anzures

I am reminded almost every day that the decision to live and train in Flagstaff with McMillanElite was the best choice I could have made in continuing my career, and this week was no different. USA Cross Country Nationals are less than a week and half away, and as the marathon crew made their final preparations to race this Sunday in Houston, I was also priming myself for my competition February 5th in San Diego.

This week I had two key workouts that I set out to make my best yet and build upon my growing confidence even more. Monday I had a very solid steady state effort, which I was super pleased with, but it was Wednesday that was a special day in my mind, for two reasons. The team had woken up early Wednesday morning to travel to Sedona for some warmer weather and work on the track. I was tasked with completing 25 quarters at around 10k race pace, and since many of the guys/gals were racing this weekend or not focusing on XC, this was going to be a solo effort.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis