Friday, January 28, 2011

Blog Roll - Rob Watson

I'm going to be honest here, when I first started my training for this marathon I gave myself about a 70% chance of actually getting to the line. My plan was pretty simple, train my balls off and hope for the best. I figured there was a 25% chance of injury and 5% chance of me coming to my senses and realizing that the whole idea of training for, and racing a marathon is just plain silly. Folks, I have just spent the last 16weeks working myself stupid. Outside running I have been about about as productive as a limbless dwarf. And why? What is the reward for this work? The reward is a 26.2mile jaunt through the streets of Houston where I will get to absolutely thrash myself in hopes of making it to the finish line 3 or 4steps before I fall down and die. Running is dumb. But holy hell people, I can't wait to get out there and roll!
6 days out the taper is in full effect. The legs are coming around nicely and things are good to go. Hey, wait a minute. Shout out to the Speed River crew who went down to NYC for the NewBalance games! Milne is the man! yeah! So what were we talking about? Oh yeah, Houston. Well, I was saying that it's going to be a fun time. I have a solid support crew coming down to the lone star state as well. DST and Moults are headed down as representatives from the river. I can't wait to see those guys, I love the River.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis