Saturday, January 15, 2011

Keitany eyes London Marathon title

“I knew New York was going to be competitive. But I felt I was mature enough for a tough course like New York. That’s why we decided to train along these hilly terrain,” said Keitany, who does her long runs along the Sergoit hills in Keiyo North.

She trains alongside her husband, Charles Koech, also a half-marathon runner.

She says training with him earned her the required strength to overcome the strong challenge in the American race.

“He takes me through the long runs in a fast but fine pace. I believe the New York race organisers considered my best times in half marathon and 25km record. But London may not be as easy as New York,” said Keitany, who completed Form Four at Nairobi’s Hidden Talent Academy in 2005.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis