Monday, January 24, 2011

Kimbia is checking in with Carney

What would you call the main highlight of 2010 for you, either professionally or personally?
There were no real “highlights” to 2010. 2010 was a year of trial and error for me. I tried different training techniques, including a stint with a different coach and training partners in Flagstaff, AZ, away from my home in Boulder, CO.

What were some of the challenges you faced this year, and what was your approach to overcoming them?
I focused on the marathon and did not run well in two attempts. It’s a tough way to miss a lot of races you want to do.

What are you looking forward to in 2011 — both in terms of specific races, and also overall goals?
I learned there are more than one way to reach your goals but in 2011 but I need to go with what I’m most comfortable with. I am going to wrap up my career in 2012 and I want to go out on a high note and not stay too long in the sport. I want to go out the same way I came in… having fun with the sport. I’m going to focus on the races I want to run, not the ones people expect me to show up to.

SOURCE
 
ShareThis