Friday, January 21, 2011

Kiptanui chasing Dubai glory

He may be the race favourite but Kenyan youngster Eliud Kiptanui says he is under no pressure as he chases the biggest prize in distance running at the Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon on Friday morning.
Still only 21, Kiptanui is already the 17th fastest man in marathon history despite having just two European marathons under his belt. And with the best personal best in the field (2h:05:39s) he is the man under the spotlight in the $1 million race.

“I don’t feel under any pressure – my main worry is the humidity,” said one of distance running’s brightest new talents, while taking a break from training for the main event. “I can’t predict anything for the race until I see the weather on the day as a humid race could stop me from finishing.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis