Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ndereba running Worlds Marathon

Eurosport UK reports
Double world marathon champion Catherine Ndereba said on Saturday she would seek an unprecedented third women's title this year even though it was not her wish.
"I wanted to give other young girls the chance, but Athletics Kenya insisted I represent the country," the 36-year-old told Reuters on Saturday.
"I have given it a lot of thought and if I'm free from injury, I will go for it."
The 2011 world championships will be held in Daegu, South Korea, from August 27.
"It's been a tough two seasons for me since I injured my toe in London, but now I feel my body is regaining the best shape," Ndereba added. "I will continue to train so that I reach the peak."
Ndereba, who has won the Boston marathon four times and Chicago twice, said her immediate mission was to be in competitive form for an event in April.
"My manager is working on that and I do not wish to comment on what she could be setting up. My focus now is to be ready to compete," said Ndereba, who missed the 2009 world championships in Berlin due to injury.
 
ShareThis