Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ndereba says she is fit to bounce back

By JOB WERU

"I got injured ahead of the Boston Marathon event and it made me pull out of the race. During that time, I had torn my muscle at the back of the hamstring," said Ndereba, the 2004 and 2008 Olympics Silver medalist.

Last year, she said she participated in several events, but she noted she was not in her total performance. On September last year, the world class marathon runner bruised her bone while in training.

"I was trying to come back, but I bruised my bone, hence suffering my career," she observed.

"I am now fit, although not 100 per cent, but I thank God, I can now race. I’m still working on my speed and I am slowly building my mileage," she said.

She continued that it has been a quiet season for her, but observed that she was grateful since she was headed to full recovery.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis