Friday, January 14, 2011

Sally Meyerhoff takes unusual path towards OT 2012

AZCentral reports
Sally Meyerhoff is one of the top 10, maybe 15 women's marathoners in the United States.

She's a year out from trying to qualify for the 2012 U.S. Olympic team and to that end will run in her hometown P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona Marathon on Sunday. Even in the lead-up to the Olympic Trials - Jan. 14, 2012, in Houston - Meyerhoff is taking a bigger picture approach to 2011.

She reassessed her goals after a disappointing 27th place at the New York City Marathon in November and instead of plunging deeper into running is opting for a multisport path.

"I came away from New York borderline hating myself," Meyerhoff said. "I didn't enjoy the journey going into New York at all. I felt I had let myself down and every single person who supported me. I even doubted if I wanted to keep doing it anymore. I had a lot of negative thoughts.
READ ON HERE
 
ShareThis