Friday, February 4, 2011

Blog Roll - Dylan Wykes

Not a great past week or so of training for me. My body doesn’t like me right now and I don’t like it. Sometimes I just sit here and stare at my legs and ask them why they won’t do what I tell them to. I think they are mad at me for those 26.2 miles I ran on them back in December. I think it’s about time they get over it and start working again.

I did a tempo run this past Saturday at Stanley Pk. I wanted to quit after about 3k, but Rich was out there on the bike, so I knew stopping wasn’t really an option. I told him my thoughts afterwards and he told me he wouldn’t have let me stop even if I tried!
I averaged about 3:15/km for 16km in that workout. The funny thing is, in the lead up to the California International Marathon, in a long tempo run (15-18miles) I couldn’t make myself run a 3:15 km cause it felt too damn easy. So, I hit the panic button somewhere around 5k this past Saturday and thought WTF (“why the face” -phil dunphy) is going on here?!?
I don’t know anymore now than I did at that exact moment. I’ve been convinced I need to back off a bit and let things come back to me naturally. So, I am going to heed that advice. But, I am still going to have those conversations with my legs until they say something nice back to me and do what I tell them.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis