Friday, February 4, 2011

Blog Roll - Rob Watson

Come on guys, I wasn't even close to hitting my goals in that race, I was over 4min slower than I hoped to be. Just let me feel bad for myself. Let me wallow in self pity and self loathing. Can you let me do that? no? why not? Oh yeah because ya'll are just to amazing to let me go down that road. I should have known that this was the way it was going to be. In the weeks leading up to the race so many people took the time to wish me luck and offer encouragement. And then after I struggled those last 6miles and was feeling pretty down, reading all the messages from you guys has really lifted my spirits. I was sitting in doping control and I recieved a phone call from my best friend in Korea, just talking to him after going through that I almost started to cry. It is weird, I always get very emotional after a hard race. Running hard reduces me to the emotional state of a 16yr old girl watching the Notebook.
One of the things I was most dissapointed in was the feeling that I let people down with my performance, I was hoping for so much more and I know a lot of people were hoping for more also. But nope, you people won't have it. Apparently I'm not allowed to feel bad for myself because all you folks are just to damn positive. It is hard to feel bad when I have so much love and positivity flowing my direction. DST was the first to illustrate that fact, I saw him after the race and tried to apologize. He would have none of that nonsense. I mean He and Moults had travelled across the friggen continent just to be there, and I didn't exactly light it up. But afterwards they just kept emphasizing the positves and by the end of lunch I was ready to get on the line and try it again. Don't get me started on my Family, my family is so supportive it is just stupid. Damn, I'm a lucky bastard. Pete and Kristen were so amazing when I was down there in NC, and Moms, Pops the Brothers and the Aunts and Uncles are just weird in the amount of encouragement and support they send my way.
Okay, I'll stop this sappy love fest here soon. Thanks to the whole UNC XC squad what a great group of kids they have there. They made me feel so welcome while I was down there, and thanks to Coach Vanhoy for the ride to the airport. One last shout out to the rest of the River crew thanks guys, can't wait to get back to Guelph and hang out (especially that one lady). Oh yeah, and Trent, The fueling protocol was great, you're the man!

READ ON...
 
ShareThis