Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blog Roll - Dylan Wykes

I eased back into training this week, getting in some decent mileage, but not putting in any hard workouts until Friday. We had a good little crew going on the track for that one and had a nice night. I was happy with how my body was feeling. Early on in the week I was pretty sore, especially my calves.
I came up with a new rating system for races this week. On Friday afternoon I was having a pre-workout snack of toast with almond butter and banana and thought to myself ‘the NYC Half is definitely an Almond Butter event’, meaning it’s the best of the best (if you haven’t had yourself a healthy smattering of almond butter go out and get some, don’t let the price tag deter you, trust me it’s worth it). After Almond Butter on my rating scale there is natural peanut butter (good quality, tasty stuff), and then the lowest rung is Skippy (that stuff is gross. I shouldn’t knock it too much I grew up on it, heck my mom still has 5 jars in the cupboard she bought on sale for $1 each 3 years ago, and you know what, you can still eat it, no expiry on that stuff!).

READ ON...
 
ShareThis