Monday, March 28, 2011

Kenneally Tunes Up For VIENNA Marathon

Mark Kenneally of Clonliffe Harrriers yesterday led home a record entry of over one thousand in the irishrail.ie Dunboyne 4 Mile Road Race- the 42nd running of this highly rated event.

Kenneally raced into an early lead and was never challenged as he coasted to victory in 18 minutes 26 seconds-an ideal tune up performance for his marathon debut in Madrid in three weeks time.

The strongly built Clonliffe Harriers runner also led his team to top honours ahead of Raheny Shemrock A.C and City of Derry. Richard Corcoran of Raheny Shamrock A.C finsished second in 18:48 and Thomas Fitzpatrick of Tallaght A.C was third in 18:55.

“This was an important tune up race for me in my preparaton for the Madrid marathon,“Mark Kenneally said. “I came off a heavy week of training to run here and I am happy with the result.”

Kenneally will be chasing an Olympic qualifying standard in Madrid where he is confident that a performance in the region of 2 hours 13 minutes. “I won a 15 kilometer race in Florida a few weeks ago in 43:33 and I placed 4th in a 20km event in Holland in 59:30,“he said. “These performances , as well as today’s run, have given me the extra confidence that I need for my marathon debut.”

READ ON...
 
ShareThis