Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blog Roll - Reid Coolsaet

Tired of hearing about my foot yet? Well I”m sick of writing about it. After getting a little worse at the end of last week this week has been really good. Probably because I’m getting Graston, ART, acupuncture, laser, ultrasound, icing, applying Zanagen and using new metatarsal pads. Appointments everyday to keep this foot in the game which meant missing most stages of Giro D’Italia on TV this week.

On Wednesday I had tough track session that went quite well and gave me some confidence for my upcoming track races. I’d elaborate more about the workout but it was filmed and might go on Runnerspace.com so I’ll just post it if/when it airs.

Last week I had 6 X 1200 (on 3.5 min rest) and I couldn’t help comparing it to 2007 when I did 5 X 1200 (on 4 min rest). I averaged 8 seconds slower per 1200m this time around (3:08 vs 3:16). Back in 2007 (after running 13:21) I was paced in this particular workout by Taylor Milne and Eric Gillis, where one would take the first 600m and the other the last 400m. This year I did it solo on a windy day. I also ran 125km that week compared to 178km last week. Once I put everything in context I wasn’t so worried about the dramatically slower paces especially since Wednesday’s workout went even better than last week. I also kind of forgot how little mileage I used to run at the end of track season, marathon training has completely changed my perception of a training week. I don’t think 180km is high but that was about my max in 2007 whereas now it seems like a lower week.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis