Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blog Roll - Reid Coolsaet

This past weekend seven of us from Speed River went down to the Music City Distance Carnival in Nashville, TN. I was warned it was a hot place to run a 5000m but since six other teammates were going down and it wasn’t too far to fly and the pace was supposed to be set for 65 second laps I decided to go there over Portland, OR (June 11). Well the temps were more than I bargained for because when I raced it was 28C (82F) with 67% humidity. Bolota Asmeron asked the pacer to go for 64 second laps so I sat back but the heat caught up to him quickly and we both passed 1600m in 4:23. I then split 3000m in 8:17 with a couple other guys before Bolota dropped out and Paul Chelimo slowed. I ran by myself for the rest of the race until I got a little scare with 100m to go as Chelimo ran 59 for his last 400m compared to my 63 and came within two seconds of me in the end.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis