Thursday, June 2, 2011

Meb Keflezighi Returns Home to the Streets of San Diego

The streets of San Diego will be alive with
music and the excitement created by fans of hometown hero Meb Keflezighi
during Sunday's Dodge Rock 'n' Roll San Diego Marathon & ½ Marathon
To Benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society®. Keflezighi, running on the
roads in the city he grew up in for the first time as a professional, will
have plenty of supporters among the crowd, including his parents, brother,
sister, wife, children, friends, former classmates and many in the
community who have watched his rise to stardom with pride.

"It will be something special," Keflezighi said, of his pro debut in San
Diego. "I'm excited about it. I'm looking forward to doing it. It's an
opportunity for a lot of (familiar) people to see me. It should be fun
running in the city where I grew up. I don't get that treat very often.
I've always wanted to do it."

READ ON...
 
ShareThis