Monday, August 17, 2009

The Runner Nerd part IV: The Asics Aussie


"From left front - Asics Ohana Racers (3 PRs this year including 2:59:58 at this year's Boston Marathon), Asics 2130s that I am transitioning into; Middle - Asics 2130s I am transitioning out of; Back from left - Asics 2130s I ran my first marathon in and now used for recovery runs on grass, Asics 2110s that I wore for my first half marathon and are still in good enough nick to be worn as casual shoes with track pants etc. Oh yeah, I "accidently" left my Boston marathon finisher's medal on top of my race shoes." Simon Ward. The shirt will soon be on the way to Perth/Australia!

Talking about Boston, Simon ran with an Irish lad (a triathlete - who else would sport a trisuit in a run race?). His name is Steven Moody and he is supposedly from Dublin. Simon ran with him for about 8-9 miles at Boston (see photo below). They lost contact at about the 15 mile mark and Simon would like to get in touch. So, if anyone knows Steven and has his email, let us know! askmzungo@gmail.com

 
ShareThis