Friday, March 26, 2010

Blog Roll: Koen Raymaekers in Iten pre Rotterdam

THIS POST WAS TRANSLATED FROM DUTCH BY GOOGLE TRANSLATOR

Thursday, March 18
Today a somewhat longer endurance in the program. Because I have a little bit tired and this week a recovery week, I walk today eighty minutes once a nice and quiet.
We have for the second consecutive day eleven people at work and missing some material. Because we do not have cars in Kenya and a shopping time-consuming and energy-guzzling company, Florence almost always does the shopping. Another reason is that often the Florence building materials for a lower price than if I get offered, as white, the price would ask. Result is that Florence was often away and so I must make tea for the morning and afternoon for eleven people to cook. Kenyans have used a dash of milk to the tea and add a lot of sugar. I do not drink more Kenyan tea, because in recent years I virtually no longer use sugar. I therefore do not taste the tea, but I feel I briskly scoop with the sugar spoon. I still get the complaint that the tea is not sweet enough! Lunch is without complaints after creating two completely eaten, so I would not have been much wrong with that.

Friday, March 19
Today is the first time some tempo work on the program. But the first rate training after a match is often what Gerard quietly packed it in minutes and runs, so you do not have a lap. On the job meanwhile you see every round and you often want to run a certain time. In minutes you runs this problem and it is easier to feel the pace on walking. Normally I check this feeling still with my heartbeat, but my heart rate band has gone. Last week I thought 't was battery, so I quickly Netherlands have searched for a new battery. But with the new battery he gives no heartbeat and I am sure that my heart still works!

Saturday, March 20
I walk in the morning an hour and this is also the only training that is scheduled for today. Yesterday was a tough day with the best minutes and runs again tomorrow there a solid training planned. In the afternoon I did some time in Florence to see the passion fruit. Florence around here including passion fruit planted, as is more people in this region. The passion fruits are mainly exported, mainly to Uganda to make juice out of it. They are also from the airport in Eldoret flown to Germany and the Netherlands - Netherlands in the purple passion fruit, I sometimes see lying in the store. It takes a little years before the plants are large enough to give fruit. But if the plants stay healthy, you almost every week all year round fruit harvest. As mentioned above, the plants or remain healthy and that's often the problem. We try all kinds of information from books and from the Internet, since local knowledge is still very limited. Thousands of people try to cultivate a passion fruit bread to earn, but they could find no specific information or professional guidance for the use of pesticides or nutrients.
This is a typical example for me again that development must go beyond bringing food. Let's get someone who people can here about the proper use of appropriate pesticides and nutrients. Kenyans are used to copy what they learned from their father or neighbor or seen. As a result, they still reap as much as thirty years ago, while in other parts of the world output per hectare may be doubled or tripled in recent decades.

Tomorrow is the Venloop where many Dutch will run the half marathon. I wonder what my bunnies for Rotterdam, Hugo van de Broek and Emmanuel Biwott, will do and if someone faster than my last week will run from 1.02.48.

Sunday, March 21
At my request, coach Gerard van Lent today a quiet endurance of three hours to put the schedule. The weather has rained a lot, so I start later in the training. I want a big round walk and once I'm out Iten, was suddenly much better weather. It is even a little warm, but I like the nice quiet pace. When I arrive at the hill Moi Ben, I doubt whether I will run for past or around it. It is around this and the endurance run slightly longer than three hours and I finally walk 44 km. Get through the marathon in 2 hours 58 minutes. Not really bad, but about three weeks must surely be a lot faster.
In the afternoon I receive first of Hugo van den Broek a SMS on his race and soon two text messages from the Hannah Veen, working with my management Volare Sports and friend of my other pace maker in Rotterdam, Emmanuel Biwott.
Hugo is not entirely satisfied with his stop and say something too hard to be started. I think he is just his second pr in the half marathon in five weeks time, but he had hoped for an even faster time. Emmanuel has many problems with his lungs rainfall, something which he so often has had to contend. He is thus a disappointing time, but I am not worried Rotterdam. I have trained with him several times and he knows that better than the 1.04.38 he has walked today in the Venloop.
Patrick Stitzinger runs with a personal best 1.02.42 and six seconds faster than last week at the CPC Loop Den Haag did. He is a very strong race where he is second place and also the final marathon team for the European Championships in Barcelona. There are four athletes who have permanently placed on the marathon team and I think that in Rotterdam still one or two athletes would be added.

Monday, March 22
After the long endurance of yesterday is today twice a mockery of the rehabilitation program. I walk 'fifty minutes morning and afternoon sixty.
The construction goes well and I thought they were going to deposit the concrete tomorrow, but it will happen on Wednesday.

Tuesday, March 23
's Morning quiet time I do a mockery, because there one afternoon on the job training program. Our cow is pregnant for a while, but we do not know exactly from where. This we do not know exactly when they like. However, we can see that the last few days it will not last long, and this afternoon it seems that every moment will be.
My job training is good, but it is not only easy to do. I am obviously got used my speed to combine training with Hugo, but that is not in Kenya. Simultaneously, I think it is good to just do some speed work, because the chance is there that I also only get to the marathon run. I also have a number of weeks in good shape and if you train with other athletes, the chance that you are rather hard and train 'yourself on the head is "bigger than when you train alone.
When I return from the training I see a calf standing beside the cow. The first thing I ask is whether the Florence one male or a female and she replied with disappointed voice "one man". She had clearly hoped for a female.

Wednesday, March 24
Last week we had eleven o'clock every day to the garage workers were busy, but today we have the concrete is poured and everyone in the neighborhood summoned to come and help. We finally have 28 people working and it all goes relatively smoothly. We have hired a team of seven people and the foreman does it so well, that I have little to worry about me. I occasionally walk out once because I like to see how it goes and what pictures. Furthermore I just do my time two runs.
In the garage, we now have concrete is poured, that three, four weeks to dry, and then we start after the Rotterdam Marathon in building the dining room above the garage. So far the guests who have stayed with us in our house always eaten, but later in the year it is intended that the guests for their meals in the dining room can be accommodated. At the moment we have two guests staying in the area of where four people can sleep, but if there is enough interest in the future we will expand to eight houses where we sixteen to twenty guests receive.

Promofilm 2010 from Like2Run on Vimeo.

 
ShareThis