Monday, November 1, 2010

Frankfurt Marathon - Quotes from the Winners

VIA runnersweb.com

Wilson Kipsang (2:04:57): "Following my preparation for this race, I was really ready to compete, expected tough competition and felt at a high quality (of fitness). My targets were to get a PB, a new course record and to go under 2:05 -- I've attained them all and I'm really happy.

(The 62:38 first half was faster than the 63:00 target) when we crossed the first half, I was feeling good. I felt very strong and knew I could break away. (Tactics to hold back earlier on) I was really keen for him (Tola) to not open a gap like what happened to me in Paris. When I saw he couldn't push anymore, I could push on -- I was relaxed.

For now, it has given me great confidence that I could break the World record -- it is very possible here -- it's a very good course and we had good weather.

Where I train in Iten, it is high and I train with strong athletes such as Patrick Makau but my reason (for such a big improvement) is hard work -- I've taken my time to prepare, the more work you put in, the more the reward.

I was optimistic (on Friday) because I had done what was required so there was no need to worry."

Caroline Kilel (2:23:25): Her husband paced her to 30km. "I feel very happy because I ran a PB here. Yes, he (her husband) congratulated me.

No, (I did not expect an improvement of 2 minutes) but I kept pushing. I thought Tune would be very strong near the finish but then I thought I could win in the last 2km.

(The Kenya-Ethiopia rivalry) helped me to win, yes."

For more information please visit: www.frankfurt-marathon.com.
 
ShareThis