Saturday, November 6, 2010

NYC Marathon 2010 - The Press today...

As always letsrun.com features a race preview in style. Read the full article directly HERE.

“I’ve known since junior high school that I would run New York,” says Arata Fujiwara, the best Japanese marathoner you’ve never heard of. Jon Gugala meets Arata and writes about it HERE.

Even more Arata Fujiwara Madness by the one and only Brett Larner HERE.

Scott Douglas takes on Emmanuel Mutai HERE.

Jon Gugala writes about the relentless Abderrahim Goumri HERE.

Gebre Gebremariam: “They can run 29:00 for 10K, that’s easy for me..."


Dathan Ritzenhein: “I had doubts in the early part of the build-up, but things have really come together..."

Simon Bairu: "If I started off in a low-key marathon, I probably wouldn't run as well, because I think mentally I build myself and tell myself, 'You need to surprise some people.' I think that pressure is what really helps fuel my training. Just knowing that I'm going up against some of the best in the world, it has actually been a benefit for me.''

Hendrick Ramaala “I hope we run sub-2:10 pace so as to drop the unfit guys early. I don't want a sprint finish.“

Haile Gebrselassie posed a question: “Do you think I’m old?” - Running New York in His Prime Was a Priority for Gebrselassie

Champions’ Guide to NYC Marathon - “There’s always things going through your head,” Keflezighi said. “You can’t think one thing for 26.2 miles. You’re engaged in what others are doing. Do you make a move now or is this person looking weak or not? So you have to be cognizant of yourself and make assessments.”

What makes Gebrselassie great? - His nine marathon victories, 27 world records (including the current marathon mark of 2:03:59), two Olympic gold medals and eight indoor and outdoor world championships would certainly seem to support that argument.

“I Am Here To Win.”– Haile Gebrselassie - “This is great weather for a marathon,” he says, tugging his parka closer to his neck. “It’s cold for me, but as long as there is no rain, we should be OK. You can’t complain about New York City weather.”

James Kwambai: Gebrselassie’s Biggest Threat? - The 27-year-old Kenyan’s PR is less than a minute from top-seeded Haile Gebrselassie’s. He’s also got the third-fastest marathon time ever.
 
ShareThis