Monday, January 3, 2011

Blog Roll: Joe Mac aka 100 sub 5's in 100 days

I have to say, as hard as I have worked in the last month, the streak is over at 28 days. I am not going to sugar coat it or make you wonder in this post--on day 29 I awoke to two feet of snow and well, just couldn't get it in (That's what she said!)

In all seriousness, it was a very difficult task but you can not account for everything. I actually awoke at about 5am to a foot and a half of snow only to help my mum shovel out her fairly large sized driveway and sidewalk. Lets not forget that at that time the side walk and lower portion of the drive way had about three and half to four feet of snow due to the Department of Public Works (DPW) and their curb to curb plowing technique. Following my shoveling at my mum's I still had some more important things to do than run a sub five minute mile: Shovel out my 70 year old grandmother who still works full time. I do have a 96 year old great grandmother that still lives alone, goes to the bank, gym, and liquor store everyday. Yes, that is not a typo, she is 96, lives alone, walks to the bank, walks on the treadmill, and drinks enough to kill a small horse everyday, but...READ ON HERE

mzungo says: Chapeau Joe Mac! This cries out loud for a second shot when spring has sprung. Bring. It. On.
 
ShareThis