Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog Roll: Shannon Rowbury

Shannon blogs on BayAreaTrackClub
I walked into a coffee shop after training the other day and I found myself searching for some sort of carb that wasn’t a cookie and wasn’t full of gluten. As a runner, carbs are a diet essential, but if you are gluten averse, it can be hard to find quick carb snacks that aren’t full of junk. As I scanned the counter, I noticed some oat cakes that were calling my name. They looked safe enough, but since they lacked an ingredient list, I couldn’t help but wonder if they were just a desert in disguise. So, I passed up the snack and instead went home to look for healthy oat bar recipes. A lot of the ones I found called for tons of oil or things like corn syrup (ick!), but I came across one that looked healthy and super easy (win-win in my book!).
READ ON HERE
 
ShareThis