Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog Roll - Steve Osaduik

I finally got one week of training under my belt in this new year and it feels good. Now to keep it going. I decided to keep from putting my body through too much while I rebuild that I would make sure that whatever running I do now will be easy running and done on soft trails. Also I will be doing some cross training in the gym on the bike and elliptical machines.



My main goal right now is to get into decent shape before I head off to Hawaii for 2 weeks so that I can take advantage of the warm-weather by getting in some good training during that time. The plan is to do a good amount of pool running, treadmill running (depending on weather there are good trails near by), some straight up swimming and getting into the weight room.

Last Sunday I finally got out to the mountain for some snowshoeing. Matt Johnston and I headed up Mount Seymour for a hour trek out on the trails. I wanted to give myself another option during this winter for cross training and I think snowshoeing will be a good addition to my training right now.

Next up as far as racing might be the Steveston 8km at the end of this month. I will get through the next week of training and then decide if it is a good idea to race. The goal of the race will be to gauge where my fitness is right now. I find the best way to see where I am is to jump into a race and see what I can force my body to do. The Steveston 8km will should serve this purpose quite nicely.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis