Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blog Roll - Tom Payn

Road Traffic Accidents, Martin Lel and Bloomin Wind..

This probably isn't how I should start a running blog post but I was coming out the pub on Saturday night after watching Arsenal (yes I am still in Iten, they love football out here) and I heard a massive “crash” come from the road. A car going pretty quick down the main road through Iten had smashed into a motorcycle that was pulling into the road, a big crowd quickly crowded around the motorcycle and due to the lack of street lights out here it was very hard to see what had happened, a few minutes later and another “smash”, not sure what it was this time but thought I had better leave before anything else happened. Turned out no one was too badly hurt but it just shows how careful you have to be on the roads in Kenya as they have a ridiculously high accident rate.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis