Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blog Roll: Drew Polley

Drew blogs on Flotrack

It’s easy to dwell on the maddeningly frustrating aspects of missing training and racing due to injury. I thought it could be more constructive for me and any other strokes who stumble across this to identify the upside to the injury cycle. This topic may be the most relevant around this time, when the sadistic Old Man Winter seems to get pleasure out of racking up running casualties. I haven’t run for the last two months as I continue to battle with tendonosis (yeah, I hadn’t heard of this either, but it sucks) of the quadriceps tendon. But I have come back from longer breaks in the past, and am confident I will return and be stronger than ever before too long. Of course, in the ideal scenario, we would train consistently without gaps and advance our fitness linearly. Alaskan Amber would also flow from my faucet and have no negative effects on my training. But when the body happens to rebel from the punishment we give it, there are plenty of reasons to look at the bright side.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis