Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blog Roll: Fee Docherty

This was my first trip to Miami and I was excited to get to warmer temperatures and to race hard.

We hit the streets of downtown Miami bright and early Sunday morning for the 6:15am start. The temperatures were perfect apart from being slightly windy, but nothing to stop the 21,116 runners competing in the half and full marathon.

The course was very scenic, but I didn’t have time to take in the beautiful views that surrounded me. I was in race mode and determined to win. I pushed the pace throughout the course, trying to break both the Kenyan and Ethiopian. Anne the Kenyan dropped off at about 6miles. Aziza hung in there behind me although I was secretly hoping she would fade at any second, but alas she didn’t and it came down to the last 100 meters where she sprinted past me to take the win.

I gave it my all and was happy with the way I raced today. I am thrilled with the consistency of my racing; the many hours of training and race experience certainly starting to pay off now.

1st Aziza Abate ETH 1:15:05
2nd Fiona Docherty NZL 1:15:07
3rd Anne Kingori KEN 1:17:46

In preparation for the marathon I plan to do the following races:
27th February Worlds Best 10km – Puerto Rico
20th March NYC Half Marathon
3rd April Cherry Blossom 10 mile
17rd April Virgin London Marathon
 
ShareThis