Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blog Roll - Dylan Wykes

Sorry if there was anyone anxiously awaiting an update following the race. I got a bit lazy and slept through all of Sunday afternoon, and then yesterday was a bit of a nightmare getting back to Vancouver with cancelled flights and lost luggage!
Sunday’s race at the NYC half in NYC was about as good as I could have asked for: 1:02:14 for 11th place. I think that is #3 on Canadian all-time list (although I am not sure it counts, I seem to have a knack for choosing races on courses that are net downhill ). Funny, it shows you how deep this sport is, and what great work the crew at New York Road Runners (NYRR) does in putting together a race, I was 11th in a single race, yet ran one of the fastest times by a Canadian ever. My best prior to this was 1:03:54, so a 1:40 PB.

READ ON...
 
ShareThis