Saturday, March 12, 2011

Blog Roll - Steve Osaduik

Alright, I have been asked what the big news was that I alluded to in my previous post so here it is. I convinced Karen that I needed to get an altitude tent to help with my training and to take the next step in getting me closer to a marathon time that will get me on a national team. I brought it up as soon as I came back from holidays and surprised that it ended up happening. I started really thinking about it after talking with coach Richard about it and how Dylan W. has been using it as part of his training. So I set it up this past Sunday and have been using it at night getting in 10 hours a night and jumping in for naps during the day 2-3 hours at a time. I noticed right away the first night that something was going on, i rolled around a lot that night, my breathing was laboured and i felt a bit achy and foggy when i got out of it in the morning, but I am quickly adapting to it. I like to wake up in the morning roll out of bed and head straight out for a long run but I find now I need a bit of time in the mornings before lacing up the shoes, but other than that training is the same.


READ ON...
 
ShareThis